Friday, July 13, 2012

please be careful with my HEART





5 days ago something alarming happened to my health that really scared me. At 830am I had nose bleeding, felt dizzy and vomited, not knowing the real reason behind it. I actually thought that, I felt dizzy because I saw blood.  I even joked around that “I’m not pregnant!” I was fighting back what I was feeling then, otherwise I might have fainted. I went to the Clinic and BOOM! My blood pressure hit to 152/76, well actually that was the second BP reading, I could not remember the first one but it was much higher. The physician ordered for a 24-hour blood pressure monitor and sent me home.





It was crazy wearing the BP monitor, every 15-20 minutes the device kept on pumping! My arms even had 2 small blisters! Oh well, besides the blisters, the results were not good. 
Awake                                                   Asleep
Highest BP : 183/113                         Highest BP: 169/99
Lowest BP: 113/62                             Lowest BP: 117/66

The results scared me even more! I had different blood works done and all were normal except for my very bad cholesterol (LDL) which was really high. The doctor prescribed the medicine for that; well, well, well, I was actually taking it before, but I am a bad patient just stopped taking it just because I want to! Crazy huh!













There were lots of comments, opinions from different physicians and geez …. it was really overwhelming! But friends and colleagues  was able to ease down the tension in me with their prayers, advices, words of assurance that I will be OK, concern and care. I won’t be mentioning your names anymore, you guys know who you are and I thank each one of you for that! Oooppps … but I have to mention that I appreciate the concern of my very tough boss who called me (even joked that I needed to work overtime!) and checked, how am I doing!
Doctor's advice was for real... check out no. 5!hmmmmm.....
Even the nurse's advice is for real too (my friend CAZ is really funny!) 

This incident made me realize that it is high time that I be taking care of myself now and make myself be first in priority, I am sure the people around me will understand that. I need to lessen my calendar of activities, enough of being a multi-tasking person (or maybe just try to minimize it ^_^).  And of course change my eating habits and live a healthy life-style.

ohMiGoodneSS has got another challenge! 100 Days to being healthy!



Wish me luck! I am sure my friends and family would be in full support! 


2 comments:

  1. I will definitely support you sa new challenge mo... MORAL sUPPORT lang ha? hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mucho mucho! moral support lang? hehehehe

      Delete