Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ancheta Family Reunion


I am now locked up at my studio pad, for a complete rest! I hate being sick and the worst part is, you have to take care of yourself alone most of the time. Because friends are working and they also have their own lives and families to look after to. But anyway, I am still blessed to have my friend's support, concern and prayers most importantly. 


I miss my family in these times, my brother and his family is back home in the Philippines, Papsi, Mamsi and the kids are in Canada, my sister is 30 minutes away from me (that is 100-120kph---- fast huh!). A Family is very important in one's life, its like fudge brownie with mostly sweet and with few nuts ^_^  Thank God that we have high technology that we can easily communicate with our families. But I still feel sad not being with them physically. 

Have done all sorts today, it's only 4 o'clock in the afternoon I have recorded a new inspirational song which I will upload later on as I need to finish the video, watched TV (shed a tear seeing Dolphy's wake and his family's Eulogy), chatted with a friend (made me smile ^_^), talked on the phone for hours, ate just a piece of banana, vegies for brunch (i don't have the appetite to eat --- good huh! i'll lose weight with this!) and slept for hours (was just awaken by the call of my colleague to check how am i doing --- i am really moved with the people who are so concern of me). 

Whew! When you are at home for quite sometime you don't know what to do anymore. Well, I was browsing the Facebook and looked at the different albums of my account. The Ancheta Family Reunion has caught my eye, after 20++ years the whole family met again. I remember when I was younger and Mama Luchie was still alive we usually have our family reunion every year.We usually showcase our talents, eat a lot, and of course the gift giving as we usually hold the reunion during the Christmas month. And because many of us 3rd generation went abroad and had families the reunion was discontinued. Until the youngest among the Ancheta Siblings, Auntie Cyn planned to organize this Grand Reunion in coordination with my cousins who were in the Philippines. I must say they all did a good job! After many years i guess more than 2 decades my Uncle Peter and My Auntie Carmen went back home to the Philippines. The venue was filled with lots of laughter, tears, music and FOOD!!!! Each one of us were happy to see every one! 

Ancheta  Family Grand Reunion
22 January 2012
Xavier School, Greenhills, San Juan 
Philippines 


Ancheta Family Reunion from liza ruiz on Vimeo.


1st Generation 
Lolo Petring and Lola Daprosa Ancheta 

2nd Generation 
Auntie Inday  
Auntie Helen
Auntie Inding
Auntie Baby (deceased)
Uncle Dodo 
Uncle Rolly
Uncle Peter
Auntie Bam
Uncle Titing (deceased)
Uncle "Daddy" Tony 
Mama Luchie 
Auntie Cyn 

I would not be able to name all 3rd, 4th and even 5th generations. There's just so many! ^_^ 

BIG family huh! 

I miss you all! I miss Lola whom i used to play with dominoes and Lolo who drives me with his Wrangler yellow jeep (i love that jeep). I miss Davao my second home! 



Ephesians 6:1-2

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  "Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise--


6 comments:

  1. Don't worry ateh france you will be fine..just help yourself to recover so you won't feel the loneliness and boredom that you are feeling right now. It's just a reminder that you have to take care of yourself and stop abusing your health. It's ok to live life everyday to the fullest but just make sure you are not taking your health for granted.

    But on the other hand,the good thing of being stuck alone in your room, you have the chance to reminisce all the good memories of your families and childhood.

    When most of our life or days have been spent far from our family, this is the least thing we could do...rekindling those days we were with them. But what to do, this is life. at least, in this way, we learn to value more our life that we have right now and treasure the people around us.

    You are such an amazing woman who can do multiple activities in a day. But don't forget that you are also human being who needs rest...

    Wag mo abusuhin ang katawang lupa mo..hehehe...

    Love you ate.

    From best, sister Karen, and windang caz

    (ay letter pala eto!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what more can i say? you guys made me shed a tear ...
      thanks for reminding me im also a human being ... for awhile i thought i was wonder woman or mystic blue! lolz
      you guys be happy and be blessed!
      love you best, karen and caz!

      Delete
  2. Be happy as you are. Knowing you, you always make people happy and loved. Your music is great, you have a good job, your sister is close to you there. Your loving papa and mamsi and sisters and brothers love you. We are here your aunts and uncles so what else can you ask for?

    Thank the Lord above for your filled blessings. Take care always and eat, pray and love!


    Your lovely aunt,

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks aunt cyn. i love you! kisses to lara i miss her. hope to meet danny too. regards to uncle willie. take care and God bless!

      Delete
  3. Take extra care cousin...you know what? you're not alone. God is with you all the time. He loves and cares for you. Just call upon Him and He will give you rest and peace in your heart. He is our creator and He made us in such a way that our bodies will signal us when we need rest. So, take this time to relax, rest and Praise Him for all He has done....count your blessings always. Will be praying for you..mwah!!!

    Blessings,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ate ruth! I am thankful for all the blessings God has given me. This is just one of those wake up calls that I need to take care of myself. I lost 1kg in 2 days! hahaha don't have the appetite to eat...i miss my cheetos and lays! lolz! take care and God bless!

      Delete