Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 84 : A song that reminds you of a friend who lives very far away



Everyday 
by Agot Isidro 




source www.osdtop.com

Long Distance relationship can sometimes be very hard, especially for those who are just starting.  It is advised by some of our elders not to pursue this kind of relationship as it entails a lot of hindrances if not managed very well.  Physical presence is important, they say that it is still different when you are able to hold hands, kiss, and hug and feel human warmth of your loved one. But what if you are in this LDR situation what do you need to do?




Well, I am not an expert adviser but gathering information from others and what I do think is needed here are some important tips that I feel is required.


  1. Strongly build your trust. Well I guess in any other relationship, TRUST should be there.  You may have experienced  loss of trust from your previous relationship, but always remember not to associate your current partner from your past. People are not the same, and I guess we should trust a person until you are given a reason not to. Along with that, one should also be HONEST! 


  2. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Respect to one another should be given and value the whole being of each other and accept differences. Like what I always say, if you love the person you should love his/her imperfections, for these are the hardest to accept and when you are able to live with that, well that is true love ^_^.


 3. STOP-LOOK-LISTEN  Place extreme importance on COMMUNICATION. This is very important in any relationship, but it is much more in a Long Distance Relationship. Well, it is for me! I would love to be talking if not every single minute (which of course I know it is impossible), but for at least every single day. Daily communication would update on what’s going on in each other’s lives during the day or would be able to talk things that have not discussed or just simply have a laugh and have fun chit-chating. Gone are the days that you record your messages in a cassette recorder, snail mails, telegrams… we are in the new age, where faster means of communication are available such as E-mail, Yahoo Messenger, Skype and a lot more applications. Not only that, you can also readily access it in your hand held mobile phones. GRAND!!! Isn’t it?!!? So there is no excuse not to communicate at all!


  4. EXPRESS YOURSELF!  Be more expressive on how you feel towards your partner. Remember, you are not able to physically hug your partner. So, words are really important. Comforting and assuring words needs to be heard, such as “I love you”, “I miss you” and let your partner know that you are committed to make your LDR work!


   5. Be creative! Online dating can happen! 


Well, I guess that is all I know and I can share. I am sure many of you would have one or two more advise. Just feel free to share it!


Oh by the way, here’s a song that I think would be suitable for couples that are in a Long Distance Relationship…. Enjoy and just click the link! 

No comments:

Post a Comment