Friday, March 30, 2012

half empty


It just came across my mind
How it would feel to become a child again
I stared at the mirror
Imagining how I looked when I was a child
Not just the outlook

But how I basically feel in every situation that comes


Honestly, I couldn’t recall a thing
But I know being a child is the happiest moment or the stage of a person’s life
No pretenses, no hesitation, no complications, no whatsoever

But as I thought more
I came to realize that life could be so complicated
I see more of things not in the eyes of a child…


And made me think more…
It brought about my mind that many are less fortunate and few are privileged
And I thank God that I’m one of the few
I was privilege of a name, a home, a family, an education and friends..
And yet I feel less of a person
I remember one said that the most stupid thing a person could do
Is think less of himself

And now I feel STUPID!


But all I wish now
Is to feel and see like a child
Maybe in that way, I won’t feel less of myself
Maybe in that way, I could be happy and utter a great real big smile,
not just to people who see me but to myself most importantly.

2 comments: