Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 43 : A song for your mom



It has been 20 years that my own mother has passed away. As a young teenager that time and the eldest of 3 siblings, it was a tough time for me. I have always felt that all eyes was on me, and people was expecting much from me. Of at least to act as the mother of the family. I was very close to my mom, like she was like my friend and there were times that I have hurt her and gave her a lot of headaches which I deeply regret doing those. But I am sure that she has forgiven me of whatever pain that i have caused her. We did lot of fun things together, I love going to the market with her, I often tagged along at her office and our favorite thing to do is SHOPPING. We love going to the malls, tiangge (Greenhills Shopping Center is the best!) and any place that would satisfy our eyes when it comes to knick-knacks! She has taught us a lot in life even in a short span of time that we were with her. And the greatest lesson is that to love your parents, give them importance and always say I LOVE YOU! I have realized that when she passed away. Since then, I always tell my friends to love their parents, they may not understand you that way you want them to understand you but they know better than we do for they have lived life longer than we did and has experienced more than we do. 


After 20 years, I still miss her, I still wish and day dream that I could share to her my success, my experiences, heartaches and happiness! But I still believe that she is my Guardian Angel, especially during my lowest moments she visits and comforts me through my dreams. 


To my Mama Luchie, I'm sorry for all the pain that I have caused, Thank You for being a good mother and I LOVE YOU! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! 


For my step mom Madonna who has been very supportive of our plans and has been a good friend to me, my brother Paolo and my sister Karina, who has raised my very cute (like ate ann) siblings donn, em and nina with good values and good Christian life, and most especially who loved  Papa unconditionally THANK YOU SO MUCH AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I LOVE YOU! 

LOLA DAVAO
NANAY PAKIL
To my two equally lovable grandmothers Lola Davao (Daprosa who passed away more than 20 years ago) I always remember before I go back to Manila she would always give me a lot of big one peso coins that I would wrap up with my handkerchief and who is really good with DOMINOS and to my Nanay Pakil (Veny) who always do my project when it comes to sewing as she is the best dress maker ever and who was with us for the few months after mama died. 
THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU BOTH!     

To all my friends, relatives and all MOM'S in the world HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! 

Musikalaya's rendition of MAMA by Spice Girls is dedicated to all of you and especially to my MAMA Luchie!  





No comments:

Post a Comment